Friday 21 May 2010

Degree Show Competition...

Had a competition at uni to get our work put up in the 3rd years degree show. We had a choice of 3 briefs. I went for one focussing on tiger extinction...

This year is the year of the tiger. By the next year of the tiger the species could be completely extinct. The brief asked us to come up with a poster focussing on this to raise awareness for the WWF's campaign.

The first image I submitted is an image manipulation of several photo's. I wanted to highlight the three major issues surrounding tiger extinction... i.e. Loss of habitat/prey via deforestation, poaching and the illegal trade in tiger parts.



The second idea I submitted aimed to focus more on the concept of it being the year of the tiger. I set the type in red on a black background as these were the two colours associated with the Chinese new year. I wanted to avoid any outright  oriental imagery as felt this implied that it was a problem that only affected China. 

No comments:

Post a Comment